Hi there, I am Poppy Mae Blackett or The Travelling Flower.
I am a 23 year old who that’s obsessed with travelling, running and finding a bargain.
I currently, live in Manchester with my crazy pug Louie and boyfriend Michael. Let me tell you a bit more about me and I hope you enjoy your time looking around my website.
10 Simple Facts About Me:
- Growing up I had singing lessons and I am now a professionally trained singer.
- When I was younger I hated sport and I used any excuse to get out of PE and sporting activities. Now I am runner and a Hot Yogi!
- My dog is my world. I love dogs, but was never allowed to have one growing up as a child.
- A small fun fact is that I have featured on the BBC’s Fit & Fearless podcast.
- I have a genuine fear of clowns and wasps.
- I am vegetarian and love finding new vegan & veggie friendly cafes to try.
- Who doesn’t love chocolate. I love Yorkie chocolate bars – even though they are not meant to be for girls.
- Disney, Disney & more Disney. I am obsessed with Disney and my favourite Princess is Ariel.
- I love going to theatre to watch musicals. My favourite musical is Blood Brothers.
- I am due to qualify as Film and Media Teacher – but my dream is to work in the media myself.
Why I Set Up The Travelling Flower Blog?
I started the Travelling Flower blog because I want to share my travel experiences. My blog allows me to prove that it does not have to cost the earth to explore new places and see new sights.
In 2016 I graduated with a first degree in Film and Media but like many other graduates in my position. I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life after university.
So, typically I took the conventional route of getting a full-time stable job, but my real passion and dream is to explore new countries and places.
I set up this blog to share how you can juggle a full-time job and train for running races. All while still managing to explore new places…one destination at a time!